Wednesday, March 12, 2008

SLACKERS NEVER GET COMMENTS!

So I haven't been whining about the lack of comments because of my obvious lack of posts!!! So we've completed trip #3 for the year. The trip in March was a flying one ... to L.A., particularly Hollywood. Hollywood and Sunset Strip is becoming a familiar place to both of us. This was my 3rd time there, Fletch's 4th. We went there on a business trip and was blessed with some great deals. Pictures will follow ... Fletch added another member to the Whipp guitar family. :) Who needs kids when we have pets and guitars? :) This Carvin guitar is a beaut! (Yes, this is Melissa talking about a guitar). I liked this guitar so much that I made Fletch name it ... we'll post pictures of Hogo soon (HOllywood GOblin) ... he's green. :)

We were able to get the business part of the trip finished on our first day there, so we were able to relax and enjoy Saturday and Sunday before flying back Sunday evening. We went to the beach for the 1st time since we've been married. I'm trying to encourage Fletch to become homesick so he'll take me to Australia soon. :) I think it's working!!! Any Aussies out there ... help encourage me! :) We rented a Segway and rode it for 2 hours at Santa Monica beach. We had a great time, but my calves were hurting the next day! We also enjoyed a nice meal at Dukes of Malibu at Malibu beach on Sunday. One wall was a huge picture window; every table had a lovely view of the ocean!

We were very glad to make that trip when we did because we're now back into busy mode with work and rehearsals. Fletch played on the worship team for 4 weekends in a row before we left. Now he's in the middle of Easter rehearsals. Next week will be a rehearsal every night but Friday! I have joined the choir for Easter as well and have a program to do at school this week for Kindergarten and 1st grades. I'll be dedicating a little time for Easter this year as well!

Zack is growing a lot lately. The cats are doing well, also. We'll have more posts coming up soon when Fletch's parents arrive 29th of April. Under 7 weeks to go!!!

I'll try to remember to post pictures soon. :)

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Glad you had a good trip!

Anonymous said...

heather whipp says it's good to hear of things to do in L.A. When we come over it would be good to do the things you did if we had more time. However, seeing family and friends is more important. It's 6 weeks and 3 days now.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Tired of my old name...made some changes.

Hey peoples, sounds like a cool trip! Beaches are cool, you and the parents both got to go to some this month...not fair! I guess we're next, but who knows when or where. Perhaps a long road trip to gulf shores...