Friday, June 13, 2008

Moons, Banff, Glacier National Park

Now is the time for the release of information on Salmon Arm moons.  Sorry for the delay in blogging.


We had another beautiful day of driving on June 6th.  The views off of Canada Highway 1 is 
breathtaking and worth driving!  We broke the 10 hour drive from Vancouver - Banff by stopping in 
Salmon Arm.  Fletch and I stayed with a friend of m
ine from my DTS in Australia.  Besides GOD, Patti is a HUGE reason why Fletch and I are married. Patti and I were becoming 
tech savy when msn messenger started becoming popular in 2000-2001.  We used to chat online all of the time using msn.  
One day we decided to try out one of those online dating sites, so I googled a good christian site and came across ChristianCafe.com ... to Patti's surprise it was a Canadian site!  We decided to be true to our identities and signed up
 for a 7 day free trial.  I met a few guys, but was hooked on it so much that I paid for another month.  Then you know what happened. :)  If I was to say someone introduced me to my husband, I will always give credit to Patti. :)  Patti and I haven't seen each other since one of our friends' wedding in California June 2001 (right after I met Fletch online).  It was great to see each other and meet her husband and 3 month old baby!!!

  Tom & Heather stayed at the Travelodge. 
 After we all went to dinner, we dropped Tom and Heather back at the hotel which is where I saw a moon I didn't want to see!  Heather was walking up the steps when I thought I saw a guy in his boxers on the balcony she was going to walk on.  I did a double check and noticed this mysterious guy's door was open.  After Heather passed by 
a young man came out and mooned us!!!  I couldn't believe it!  Well, we got them back.  We told the front desk about them (we had the room number) and explained how concerned we were for Fletch's elderly parents. :-)  We don't know what
 happened to them after that, but I'm sure they were regretting it!!!

Banff was incredible!  We haven't had much luck in weather this entire trip, but we didn't let it get the best of us.  Our fireplace loft was very comfort
able and cozy.  We definintely recommend Charlton's Cedar Courts to stay.  It was on the main street and had beautiful trees all around.  Tom & Heather received a nice blessing while at the resort ... they were upgraded to a fireplace loft as well!  We enjoyed a few nights sitting back watching television, but I don't recommend these rooms for more than 3 people ... there weren't enough seats for everyone to sit on to watch t.v.

I have been waiting 6 years to take Fletch to Glacier National Park.  I am so glad we decided to
 go into the east side of the park (thanks, Mom!) because that was the only day of sun we had in Montana. :(  Again I was able to catch up with some friends, Brenda & Eric Hanson.  I met Brenda at Camp Miniwance in 1991 in Michigan!!!  I took a trip to see her in Montana June 2002 with my friend Misty (wish you were here, Misty!) and now this is the 3rd time I've seen her!!!  Brenda and I remained in contact throughout college via letters! Yes, the old fashioned way of long distance communication! :)  In the 6 years since I last saw her, her family doubled in size; and so did mine. :)  I doubled by marrying Fletch; she now has 2 beautiful girls!!!  We had a great time hanging out with them and enjoyed getting to know Emily and Brynn!  At this point of the vacation the rain is starting to get on all of our nerves, but we knew sun is forcasted for the rest of the trip.

Next update:  drive to Spokane, an extra night in Spokane, and a visit from the Hansons!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mouse, you all look like you are having so much fun! Do they really say "eh" after every sentence up there?